Saturday, January 15, 2011

Design Poster Using GIMP


Here is a poster I made while following a tutorial at:

http://puteraaladin.blogspot.com/2008/11/cool-typhography-design-in-gimp.html

I use GIMP mainly because it is a free piece of software that can easily be used in an educational setting. Being a future teacher, it's important to find useful (and free) software that students can use, and won't put a dent in your budget. I have had some experience with GIMP while completing a few courses for my technology diploma, but it's important to develop these skills through tutorials.

From this tutorial, I learned how to:
- download and import brushes and fonts into GIMP
- add texture by adding an additional image
- manipulating layers by changing its mode and opacity
- adding depth and changing the gradient of an image

The birds and tree in poser aren't actually drawn by hand. They are a brush that you download and import. I also used brushes to add detail in the corners of the poster.

Please post any comments or questions. Feedback is always welcome.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment